Posted on

NSW teaching

To get permanent residency (although we didn’t really need to as Jen has a NZ passport) she had she did a skilled migration visa application for us.  As part of this you need all you University transcripts and do IELT tests (if you studied in a non-English speaking uni).  So…when you are here you have to do the whole job lot again… register at AITSL (Aussie Inst of Teachers), Apply Institute of Teachers  (Credibility to Teach) then the NSW teachers (Department of Education of Communities – Not Independent and Catholic) to get a teacher number through them.   It is a minefield and costs quite a bit each time…oh yes and there is the Working with Children check number you need….lovely.

Bureaucracy at its finest…argh now I am also thinking of doing it.



About danbowen

Educational technology learning and teaching consultant, support, training, change management, innovation and all things ICT and educational, father of two, guitarist, welsh rugby follower,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s