The Nintendo DSi project to raise boys attainment, Apple iPod project, Sphero, LegoWedo, Arduino, Makey Makey
iPads the classroom
iPods in the classroom
Office 365 / Windows 8 in the classroom
• To use new technology and the resources in the classroom to enhance learning (linked to the new Ofsted Framework)
• To analyse the real impact on attainment of the hardware in schools
• To analyse the real impact on attainment of different types of games based learning software in schools for core subjects such as Mathematics, Literacy and Science
• To analyse the real impact on attainment of different types of games based learning software in schools for foundation subjects such as Mathematics, Literacy and Science.
• To analyse the impact of these technologies on raising boys attainment in the core subjects
• To analyse the impact of the technologies on inclusion and other identified groups.
• To create case studies that schools can use if they intend to implement hand held learning within the classroom
• To identify areas of expertise within the team for using handheld devices in BSF
Overall project evaluation criteria:
• To raise boys attainment in English, Mathematics, Science and non-core subjects.
• To start to assess possible impact with regard to inclusion agenda
• A section of case studies to use with schools.
I will keep everyone informed of the results and case studies.